If you make one thing this week it should be this salad. It was spectacular! The saltiness of the feta plays nicely with the sweetness of the vinaigrette and sweet potatoes. Not to mention the red onions. The combination was sublime. This salad is great for a barbeque as the sweet potatoes can be cooked on the grill. Alternatively, you can cook the sweet potatoes under the broiler (as I did). Pictured above is half a recipe. Just go ahead and make the full recipe. You will love it!
|Sweet Potato and Feta Salad||
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch thick slices
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 4 Tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced into half-moons
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon whole-grain or Dijon mustard
- Simmer sweet potatoes in water for about 5 minutes, until just tender. Drain, cool and toss with 2 Tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt & pepper.
- Grill (or broil) sweet potatoes for 2-3 minutes on each side until tender & char-grilled.
- Whisk together remaining 1 Tablespoon olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey and mustard.
- Toss spinach, pine nuts and onion together in a serving bowl. Sprinkle feta over the top. Place grilled sweet potatoes on top of spinach mixture. Drizzle with dressing.