- 1 lb extra firm tofu — drained and pressed
- 3/4 cup Frank’s red hot sauce
- 1 cup panko or bread crumbs
- 1/8 cup flax seed meal
- 8 Ritz crackers
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
Cut the pressed tofu block into bite sized cubes, place in a bowl, and cover with the hot sauce. Let marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour (you can leave it overnight).
In a blender, mix together the panko, crackers and flax seed meal. Season to taste with the garlic powder, salt and cayenne pepper.
Remove tofu cubes from the hot sauce and place in the breading mixture, coating all sides evenly.
Place the breaded cubes on a sprayed sheet pan and cook in a pre-heated 375-degree oven for 18-20 minutes, or until crispy. Alternatively, pan fry over medium heat until each side is crisp. Serve drizzled with extra hot sauce.
Yield: 4 servings